After the Russian Revolution and optimism about the newfound freedom, Malevich created a disruptive way to express his art completely unrelated to any external reference and based on pure feeling. “White on White” presents itself as a rather simple and ironic artwork, portraying one greyish perfectly tilted square on top of what seems to be a striped canvas. On closer inspection, not only do we see the light brushstrokes, but they seem to have been applied in such a way as to make the square to be floating weightlessly and evoking the feeling of tranquility and calmness.
As a new democratic art form was born, critics spared no efforts to call off this movement, claiming that this radical piece was unfinished and could not be called Art at all.
- 80% Combed Cotton, 17% Polyamide, 3% Elastane.
- Made in Portugal using the most advanced craftsmanship to produce the finest seamless socks.
- Wash inside out (40ºC/100ºF max). Do not tumble dry, iron.
- For men:
- Large: L: 41-46 UK (7½-11½) US (8-12)
- Medium: M: 36-40 UK (4-7) US (4½-7½)
- For women:
- Large: L: 41-46 UK (7½-11½) US (10-12½)
- Medium: M: 36-40 UK (4-7) US (6-9½)