Commissioned by Pope Julius II in 1513 and meant to be placed in front of a crucifix, The Sistine Madonna is an ingenious wall-breaking experience. The viewer standing in front of this artwork would often feel judged by Saint Sixtus who, positioned on the left, points outward, and also by the stern expression on Madonna's features. Capturing the public's imagination ever since its creation, the two cherubs - “putti” - wistfully sit at the button looking up at the scene, gained their own popularity, and became cultural icons.
This artwork is one of the world's most recognizable paintings in the world and it is a challenging exposition of faith and human values becoming one of the most “divine” artworks ever created.
- 80% Combed Cotton, 17% Polyamide, 3% Elastane.
- Made in Portugal using the most advanced craftsmanship to produce the finest seamless socks.
- Wash inside out (40ºC/100ºF max). Do not tumble dry, iron.
- For men:
- Large: L: 41-46 UK (7½-11½) US (8-12)
- Medium: M: 36-40 UK (4-7) US (4½-7½)
- For women:
- Large: L: 41-46 UK (7½-11½) US (10-12½)
- Medium: M: 36-40 UK (4-7) US (6-9½)