For Johannes Vermeer examining the work of a milk or kitchen maid was as good a tribute as any. In this beautifully lit composition, Vermeer depicted an everyday woman, performing an everyday task, albeit an important one. He showcases an almost faceless woman, with nothing remarkable about her figure, pouring milk onto a clay container. Through his use of color and light, he gives momentum to her intention and guides us into her world. We are touched by her devotion and care, we feel her warmth and welcoming disposition, as Vermeer strips down our expectations and brings us into his own experience. “The Milkmaid” is a testament to the allure of the seemingly boring, that shatters our assumptions and challenges us to appreciate the beauty and sensuality in that which we often overlook.
- 80% Combed Cotton, 17% Polyamide, 3% Elastane.
- Made in Portugal using the most advanced craftsmanship to produce the finest seamless socks.
- Wash inside out (40ºC/100ºF max). Do not tumble dry, iron.
- For men:
- Large: L: 41-46 UK (7½-11½) US (8-12)
- Medium: M: 36-40 UK (4-7) US (4½-7½)
- For women:
- Large: L: 41-46 UK (7½-11½) US (10-12½)
- Medium: M: 36-40 UK (4-7) US (6-9½)