Rachel was inspired to create this Native American dress to honor her ancestors and the Native American side of her ethnicity. The embroidery represents harmony, peace, abundance, and everlasting life. In the embroidery pattern, there is a butterfly and the sun with lines/dots symbolizing running water. In the Native American culture, butterfly reminds us of color, change, transformation, and joy. The butterfly represents the never-ending cycle of life. The running water represents life, fertility, purity and reminds us of the continuity of life and the on-going flow of time. the sun represents life-giving abundance with its warmth radiating healing and peace. the sun rays are also seen in the cardinal directions, North, South, East, and West.
- All pieces are custom-made to measurements
- Material: Poplin with custom design silk embroidery
- Poplin is a durable and elegant material with a smooth and soft surface. It is thin and cool with an easy drape. Poplin is primarily made of 100% cotton.
- Machine wash on a gentle, hand wash, or delicate cycle. Tumble dry - low heat.
- Rachel Ackley offers a bulk discount if 10+ pieces are ordered