In The Star, Degas captures the pure unadulterated joy of a primary ballerina dancing a solo turn on an empty stage. She is on pointe, balancing gracefully on one leg and maintaining a majestic pose perhaps having the moment of her life. This represents Degas’s lifelong fascination with dancers, which he continuously captured throughout his career. Specifically in this painting, the severe downward angle suggests the viewpoint is from one of the higher boxes and Degas uses color and light contrasts to create the fantastic reality of the Ballet. As critics said, 'After having seen these pastels, you will never have to go to the Opera again'.
- 80% Combed Cotton, 17% Polyamide, 3% Elastane.
- Made in Portugal using the most advanced craftsmanship to produce the finest seamless socks.
- Wash inside out (40ºC/100ºF max). Do not tumble dry, iron.
- For men:
- Large: L: 41-46 UK (7½-11½) US (8-12)
- Medium: M: 36-40 UK (4-7) US (4½-7½)
- For women:
- Large: L: 41-46 UK (7½-11½) US (10-12½)
- Medium: M: 36-40 UK (4-7) US (6-9½)